Grant Writing Tips
The following tips have been provided to guide you as you prepare your application. Not all the tips/questions will be applicable to your particular project, and these tips do not represent ALL the information required in the application. If you have any questions, please contact Executive Director, Lauri Wilson or your local Cooperative Extension agent.
1. Show you are a legitimate agricultural operation
On page two of the application, space is provided for you to show that you:
You are still eligible to apply if you do not meet all of the above criteria.
2. Be clear and accurate when describing your farming history
3. Show that you have done thorough research of production methods
4. Show that you have done thorough research of your potential markets
5. Give details about the expected outcomes of your project
6. Describe how your project will be an example for other farmers to follow
7. Thoroughly research your budget
8. Include at least two letters of support from your cooperators